Job Title: Kitchen Supervisor
Department: Back of House
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager
Number of people reporting directly to this position: 10-20
Number of people reporting indirectly to this position: 0
Summary: Takes on the role as the acting manager when the Food and Beverage manager is not present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist the kitchen manager with purchasing and receiving.
• Ensures that the orders are properly received and checked in.
• Invoices must be turned in to the kitchen manager.
• Throughout the day he/she will be responsible for quality assurance.
• All orders must meet the Cinebarre standard and be built based on the set specifications for each menu item.
• The food production will be controlled and monitored by this person.
• Monitors labor throughout the day trimming down staff as needed
• Monitors employees hours to ensure a low labor cost for the day
• Assists the kitchen manager with inventory once a week at a set time.
• Counting and data entry.
• Advocates a team environment
• Maintains equipment cleanliness and upkeep.
• Maintains general cleanliness and ensures that Cinebarre workers adhere to proper food handling practices and sanitation guidelines.
• Trains all new employees based on set guidelines for training as set forth in the Cinebarre manual working in tandem with the food/beverage manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Requirement: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: POS program knowledge
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.